Saturday 19 November 2011

Hello

Hiya :) Im really very new to this so I'm just gonna start by telling you about myself.
I'm a 14 year old girl who lives in Suffolk who rides horses and writes and reads in her spare time. Just 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma- a cancer of the lymphnodes. I have been having chemotherapy for 2 weeks and am now on my two week break. I haven't been in school much for the past month, and also havent seen much of my friends- but all that seems trivial compared to whats been happening.
Hearing about someone who has cancer is sad, knowing someone who has it is heartbreaking- but getting it is...enlightening. Not in a good way, not in a bad way. I've heard the phrase 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' tossed about so much over the past few weeks, and cancer...well, I don't think that phrase suits what it does to you.
I don't want pity or anything, just to tell people- to let people know what it's like :) So, over the next six months I would like to share my story. The story of... a Befuddled Baldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment