Friday 25 November 2011

All I want for Christmas is....FUDGE!! ;)

Today was really fab! I had such a great time... After waking up and getting dressed and eating and all that jazz- Jo came and changed my dressings and flushed my line and took bloods. And we chatted, and it was generally quite fun and I didnt feel queasy at all! :D Then I had to go have a flu jab- which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... And while we were at the nurses, we bumped into the Doctor who helped in getting me diagnosed. He was the one who spotted the cancerous symptoms, so in other words- I owe him big time. He was lovely, and even gave me a hug! :)
And after that we all went for a pub lunch [excluding Lucy, who was at school today]...and then drove into Bury to go shopping at the Christmas Fayre!
But before we hit the stalls, we took a detour into River Island and my Gran and Grandad bought me THE cutest hat...Its unbelievably fluffy with horns! I look like one of the creatures out of that childrens book 'Where the Wild things are'... Its so awesome!
Then we looked around the stalls a bit, and I found some amazing christmas presents for my girlies ;) I cant believe I have to wait till Christmas to give them!! They're only small, mind. Im not THAT rich ;)
Then we collected my sister, and I bumped into two of my old teachers- who wished me well, which was nice of them.
Then after that, we ordered some of the photos from the Bury Free Press- of the teachers who dyed their hair pink for me. Just as mementos, and one for the teachers too- to say thank you.
Then we shopped around, and it was completely lovely!
It was dark, and very chilly- but we didn't care that our cheeks and noses were red, and we just tucked our hands in our pockets and snuggled under hats and scarves...and as for the dark- well, christmas fairy lights lit up everything like stars, or fireflys- latching on to the buildings and trees and tops of shops! It was beautiful...and the songs of the fair- a mix of Christmas Carols sung by a school choir- with the harsh pop songs played by the people running the rides.
And oh, the smells! Hot dogs and burgers, and hot chocolate mixed with spiced oranges and roasted chestnuts...and further into the stalls you could smell the soaps and goodies, mixed with fudge and the unmistakable smell of pine trees. But the smell I loved the most was the hot, spicy smell of the christmassy mulled wine...I almost melted with happiness when I smelled it!
Me and Lu just skipped around, not caring that we were sniffling like mad, and that our fingers were so close to having frostbite. And we bought a PILE of fudge...I absolutely LOVE fudge!!!! Its so yummy, and we bought BAGS of it... :D Passionfruit fudge, chocolate fudge, madagascan vanilla fudge :D
And we saw reindeer, too! And a very grumpy looking elf who was looking after them...although I guess I would be grumpy if I had to stand in a dark pen with three smelly reindeer in some ridiculous elf costume. Not to mention it didnt even look that warm- considering the harsh temperature.
Then we all went to Pizza Hut for dinner, and I got told the story of how my grandparents met and ate pasta :D
Then we all headed home, ooh- and on the way to the car me and Lu were allowed to buy chocolate fountain- chocolate covered marshmallows...which was really yummy!
Then when we got home, I got all my friends christmas presents ready and talked to my friend Phoebe to confirm Sunday, and then booked the cinema tickets...Now we're all snuggled in the sitting room watching an episode of Midsummer Murders... :D And Im talking to Matt about our weird dreams... ;)
Well, nothing more to tell for tonight, but I'll post later or tomorrow :)
Much love <3
Befuddled but extremely contented Baldy xox




1 comment:

  1. Hi Lily, what a wonderful blog! Your Dad sent it to my Mum, and she forwarded it to me!
    Your day at the Christmas Market sounds lovely, especially with the smell of food and chocolate fountain, and as for the fudge, I am well jel! I LOVE fudge!!!
    I look forward to reading your journey and watch you grow with confidence with your new found hair style and changes in your life.
    Much love, Vicky (Reed) xxx

    ReplyDelete