Thursday 24 November 2011

Bald n Boisterous ;)

I've decided that maybe Sunday is a good day to unleash my baldness upon the world. Or at least the public of Bury St Edmunds. I mean, I think I am going to see Breaking Dawn with my mum, sister, aunts and of course a couple of my friends...so why not? Who cares if people stare?! It's Cineworld! Plus, we'll be in the dark for most of the film anyway, won't we?
I need to get used to being bald, and I need to get used to people seeing me bald and staring. I've decided that I'm not going to mope or whine anymore about being "ugly" or "different" because it's stupid. I'm awesome, with or without hair. My friends and family love me whether I have it or not so the rest of the world will just have to suck it! Because I have cancer- and it's not going to go away. And my hair is not going to come back. So Id better just deal with it. I mean, who needs hair anyway?? It's just a load of cells! Sure, it looks cool. But this way, I won't be able to have bad hair days anymore ;) just bad wig days...hehe...:D
Yes. This is the perfect chance to boost my self confidence. I AM awesome is my new mantra.
I am awesome...I am awesome...I am awesome...it gets truer every second hehe... ;)
I don't think I'm quite ready to unleash it on the folks of St benedicts...mainly because I'm worried that they might talk behind my back or laugh or stare ridiculously, or gape. Or maybe point and laugh. Or be mean. I'm sure they wouldnt be mean, or point and laugh for that matter...but still- paranoia seeps in when you're the only bald girl in a school of 600-700 give or take a few...
Especially the boys...they might laugh. Maybe not my friends...but the others...
Apparently I look kind of like ET...according to my dear Father. He told me to phone home at dinner tonight...Love you Dad! ;)
Anyhoo, I'd better get to sleep. As Lucy is pointing out to me in annoyance...she has school tomorrow and I'm keeping her up...whoops!
Love to all, muchos hugs y kisses!!
Befuddled but with a sudden oomph for life Baldy <3 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment