Sunday 1 January 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS..AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! Mine was certainly the most awesome Christmas ever!
Lu and I got up at half 5 to open our stockings- an impressive feat considering I had only got to sleep at half two. In my stocking I got make up [Barry M, Lancome and MAC], along with make-up brushes...and a gorgeous notebook, £10 paperchase voucher, chocolate, 2 CDs, a DVD, a couple of books, an ipod cover, a purse, some bodyshop perfume and at the bottom of my bed- all wrapped up- was a bright pink curly wig from cancer research.
Lu got Sylvanian Families, Mario 3D Land for her 3DS, a CD, chocolate, a DVD, a book, a purse, a paperchase voucher, an ipod cover and a notepad.
Then we both went back to sleep, and woke back up again at quarter to eight- and woke Mum and Dad up too! Mum and Dad opened their stockings and pretended to be shocked at what we had gotten from "Santa". Then Lu and I ran down to the tree and grabbed one present for each of us [the biggest ones...] and opened them. They just happened to be from Mawsie and Chris [grandparents] and we both got a gorgeously fluffy, fleecy blanket [dark pink for Lucy and light pink for me], woolly topshop socks, a bunny rabbit nightlight and £40 in a card...wow! :) Mum got a furry scarf thing, and Dad got this old fashioned antiquey looking lamp with a candle in it.
Then we all ate breakfast- scrambled eggs, cranberry juice and bacon for me, bacon for Lu, and scrambled eggs, bacon and smoked salmon for Mum and Dad.
After breakfast, we all moved into the good sitting room [which has all the presents in] and Luce was in charge of handing out the presents.
Among my presents were hats, lip glosses, sticks and balms, smellies sets, notebooks, stationary, and a wonderful case for my Ipad that is also a keyboard that connects via bluetooth- so my Ipad is essentially a laptop now!
And of course vouchers [£50 topshop, £10 new look] and money [£165!].
Luce got an Ipad, various smellies, and some DS games and a photo album and some stationary.
Mum got makeup, a spa voucher, jewellery, perfume and smellies, and a handbag and edible stuff. Dad got a tabletop pinball machine, some CDs, some books, a little bronze statue, a talking shoulder monkey, and some edible stuff.
After that, everyone played with their stuff [I started to, but fell asleep and was woken up a while later for my bath...]. After that, I put on my pink wig, cream lace dress and sparkly vesty thingy. And of course I wore my new dark blue sparkly eyeshadow, and red-ish calvin klein lipstick from the set Lucy had gotten me. Clinging to our new Ipads, and notebooks- Lu and I got into the car. In fact, I actually have a picture on my Ipad of us in the car- I shall put it up on facebook, or maybe even on the blog if I can figure out how... :)
Then we got to Pete and Kaths, and we smelt all the yumminess of Christmas dinner, and opened presents [a gorgeous mini perfume, giant jaffa cake tube and THE most gorgeous necklace (a little turquoise and gold and orange bird with a little jewelled eye) from Pete and Kath, and then some gorgeous sparkly bath bombs from Elliot (cousin...) and the most beautiful pink fountain pen from Georgia (also a cousin :D)...].
Then we tucked into turkey, and roast spuds, broccoli, sprouts, parsnips, sweet potato, bacon, sausages and stuffing! Yum, yum...YUM!! Oh, and homemade gravy, of course!! Then there was champagne and red wine, and white wine- and alcoholic ginger beer...and lemonade!
Then came the puds [all homemade]- there was Christmas pudding, which I dont like but smelled delicious all the same! Then there was a gorgeous chocolate cake in the shape of a sphere and iced like a christmas pudding (nom nom nom...) and a lovely smelling lemon mousse. Oh- and there were tube wafers which were a bit like brandy snaps- and a lovely shortbread.
Anyhoo, we were all pretty stuffed so Pete put a dvd [Disney's 'A Christmas Carol'] on the big screen in the school room and we all sat around the cinematic screen watching it. Well...actually, I fell asleep again.
When we got home, we just watched movies and picked at food and played with what we'd got. And laughed...and chatted. It was nice...
Boxing Day was fun too. We went to Mawsie and Chris's and ate lots of ham and potatoes and yummy stuff! Tom and Jessie [cousins] gave me an itunes voucher too!
After an interesting walk in the dark in the park we came back and sat playing a weird animal noise game, when all of a sudden Chris stood up on a chair and dropped his trousers! He was just pulling down his pants when everyone yelled for him to stop through floods of laughing tears...
Apparently this is a Christmas/Boxing Day tradition...It was very funny, to say the least...if a little disturbing. :D...
Oh! Did I tell you about my transfusion?! It was on the 23rd... And I was tired, and sicky feeling, and the oncologist rang and said my haemoglobin was low. So, I had three bags of blood [2 units]...yum yum yum...but it made me feel better. Which is nice! Yaaaaay
Anyhoo, skip forward in time to the 30th..which was the day I had my scans. I went into hospital early, and had a cannula put in my hand [ouch.] and then we went down to the scan area, and they talked us through it. And then we went into a room where I had to sit for an hour and a half after they put this radioactive tracer liquid in my cannula. Unfortunately, Dad couldnt come because only one parent was allowed...that annoyed me and I told the nurse that it annoyed me but she shrugged apologetically and mumbled something about radioactive and not enough space. As it was Mum had to sit on the other side of the cubicle because I was radioactive.
Then we went into this big room [after the hour and a half] and I lay down on this hard bed thingy and I went in this large doughut shaped whirring machine...For most of it, it didnt move, but every four minutes I went even further into the machine. After that PET scan,  then I ate stuff and then we went for the CT scan...which was a smaller machine but more annoying because they put this liquid in me which made me all hot and I thought I'd wet myself!! Eeek!
Then we went home..pretty much...Oh, wait- no, we went to St Albans...and then to the Galleria shopping centre, where I bought books! Yay! And then we went home. I was sore and tired by then...
I really just want to chill and save my energy over the next few days...as I dont think I can face doing TOO much :/
Happy New Year everyone, by the way! I hope this year will be prosperous for all!! Im not exactly looking forward to it, but what can I do? Its not like I have any choice in any of this...no choice, and no control.

Right, I'd better go- as its New Years Day and Im hungry ;) Lots and lots of love to you all, and I will try to write more often....Muchos hugs y kisses!!
Lots o' love, Befuddled and wary of the New Year Baldy <3 xoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment