Saturday 7 January 2012

My shrinky dinky tumour

Well, I'm a lot less depressed than I was a few days ago. Although, chemo has pissed me off. Especially since I just had to spend a whopping 9 and a bit hours in hospital today. Yay. Actually, thats unfair. Today was a good day, as far as days in hospital go. Not because the chemo was any less harsh, because it wasn't- but because I got the results of my scan too!
The tumour in my chest has shrunk by more than 50% and the cancer is now, for the most part, inactive.
I still have to continue with the four months of chemo, but no radiotherapy! Yaaaaay! Excellent news, right?
But then I had to have chemo, and it kind of put a little bit of a downer on my day. Y'know- I'm kind of getting used to the whole 'constant nausea' thing. I dont like it, but Im getting used to it. Argh :/
My aunt has joined us in England...she came bearing gifts [including some comedy dvds, a 'wheres the meerkat' book and a very cute panda hat from Binne.]
The annoying thing about chemo [apart from the sickness and the seven different types of drugs I have to take several times a day] is that my skin doesnt heal properly anymore. Som skin came off my lip and isnt healing...its very sore... -.-
Anyhow, Im going to go, as Im feeling nauseous and have just taken a load of drugs on an empty stomach. So I need to eat, though I dont want to.
Lots of love, Befuddled, and sore and lazy, Baldy <3 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment