Saturday 24 December 2011

The Night-mare before Christmas...

Well, this week has been altogether very interesting. On Thursday I had all my wonderful friends around for a christmas dinner party. Mexican food and funny cocktails with cranberry and orange juice made for an awesome night. My sister, Lucy, joined in too- and made us all pee ourselves laughing with her siamese pig impression. I know it sounds odd, but it really is very funny!
And then we moved to the sitting room and played spoons [the card game] which was funny as Phoebe kept screaming "SPOON!" every time she picked up a spoon and Becky and Laura fought over a spoon... Not mean fighting...just physical scrambling over the footstool...and then of course there was Matt. Matt and Laura kept sitting together [had nothing to do with the fact that I made them...] but they looked so ute together..!! Im hoping they'll get together soon as all this cute flirting stuff is starting to get on my nerves and I really think they'd make a great couple! HINT HINT guys... ;)
Then on Friday I was unusually exhausted and weak and pale....and Jo the nurse came to our house to take my bloods and change my dressing. Turns out I had low haemoglobin and they wanted me to go into Hospital for a transfusion. We got to the hospital at half one, and didn't leave until around nine.
So, Mum and Lucy went shopping and Daddy stayed with me and we watched 'Bargain Hunt' which was fun because we took the mick outta the contestants.
And then Mum and Lucy came back with presents, and food. Crisps, teacakes, clementines, grapes, chocolate and fizzy drinks. I didn't feel like much food, especially as I could see sticky dark red blood being pumped in me- so I had a clementine and some grapes but left the rest.
Then when we got home Daddy fried me some potatoes and okay- bear with me here. When I was younger- Dad used to cook me smoked haddock [the bright yellow one] in milk. And it is surprisingly nice!! Sounds gross, but it's really comforting...especially as I used to eat it when I was little. But anyway, Daddy cooked me that too. Then he and Lu went to bed, and Mum and I were on the sofa [cos I have to take meds at midnight so we had to wait up] but it was okay cos we watched 'Sex and the City 2' and I drank hot milk and we both had cheese and crackers [but I had cream cheese instead of real cheese because I believe in the old wives tales that it gives you nightmares if you eat it at night].
Okay, three of my favourite christmas songs have just played... 'Christmas Time'- The Darkness, 'The Power of Love'- Frankie goes to Hollywood, and 'Merry Christmas Everybody'- Slade...!!!
Oh no, East 17 have come on...'Stay' is NOT a christmas song. Its awful. Eugh! Plus, the lead singer has really manky teeth...ew.
Anyway, ITS CHRISTMAS EVE!!! But I'm not as excited as I was...I'm trying to be, but I guess the cancer is taking its toll psychologically now too. I feel sorta numb. Like Im just trying to survive each day, just kind of walking through life- not really enjoying anything. Which is sad, considering its Christmas. Also, I'm kinda weepy. Littlest things set me off...I was crying in hospital yesterday, though- and I got a nose bleed. I feel bad because it bled all over the pillow... Oops!
Anyway, I've got to go get dressed because we're all traipsing down to the church to watch Lucy in the nativity. She's playing some made up character called Sarah, who's meant to be the inn keepers daughter...Well, it should be fun to see Lucy in her costume supplied by the Church. Hehehe... :D
Anyhoo- Much Love to everyone, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!
Lots and lots and lots o' Love,
Befuddled, and trying to get in a Christmassy mood, Baldy <3 xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lily! It's Abi Hoffman, or Abigail, or whatever you want to call me. :) I have been following your blog with the rest of my family & I just want to tell you I admire you for blogging about what's going on! You're blog is and will be such an inspiration for others to keep going too. I would absolutely love to get back in touch, maybe email back & forth? My email is abiann@rocketmail.com so when you have time, send me an email! I live in California now, but I'm in Texas for the holidays! Also, my school gets two weeks off for spring break in the end of march and the beginning of april. We are planning to find time during those two weeks to come to England, a quick visit or something. Try to enjoy the holidays, have a merry merry merry christmas, haha. Tell your family I say hello, especially Lucy! Much love, xoxoxoxoxooxoxo Abi <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete