Monday 5 December 2011

Daddy Claus is coming [back] to town... ;)

Well, more has happened today than most days... :) I woke up, and ate and had a nice relaxing bath where I shampooed [yes, you read it right] my hair, which has made it all fluffy and soft. Yaay!
And then we had to head to the Hospital, so I could have my Vincristine...which didn't take TOO long, thank goodness! But they had to take a full blood count and change my dressings and check the line site [where my hickman line goes in/comes out]...and then we got talking about the next course of chemo. They didn't know too much about how it was going to go though, as I haven't even been for my PET scan yet...
Then we went and bought tickets for 'Arthur Christmas', but had a bit of time left...so went to 'Giraffe' for an early tea :) That was nice, but I chose a spicy rice dish which was a big mistake... Also, it was sort of awkward because I had to take my drugs in the middle of the restaurant and with cranberry juice, too. Let me tell you, Cranberry juice does NOT mask flavour well. At all. Ew!
Anyhoo, then we ordered dessert...ice cream for me [the vanilla was to DIE FOR.] and an expresso for Mum...well, to each his own- I guess.
And then we went, extremely bloated and a little queasy from eating so much, to see 'Arthur Christmas'- which was interesting...Funny, and very christmassy, but a little pointless. It was nice not to have to concentrate on a heavy plot line though...
On driving home, Mum and I talked about Christmas stuff...which was AWESOME, especially as we saw looaads of Christmas lights and trees on the way back to Newmarket. It was Lush!
At home, I realised that my stomach had bloated so much with chemo that I now look like an actual pregnant lady...which is an interesting development. Well, not so much interesting as disturbing, but still... And my face is still stupidly chubby... damn steroids. They dont even frickin taste nice. Deceptive, lying liquids!! Well, they just wait...I'll get them! And the precious ondansetron too!! ;)
Lonely, I am so lonely... I am, actually. I mean, I have my small family- and I shall have my Daddy back soon! But, no friends at the moment. Well, I HAVE friends...just havent seen them :( Love them to bits but wish they'd see me more often [Hint ;) x].
It is my friend Lauras birthday next week. I am going to make it spettal ;) so, watch out Laura!! I love other peoples birthdays...and Christmas. I love going shopping for the presents...and watching their face as they open it!! Nice!! :D
I should probably stop prattling on now, as I still have a whole fridge full of food to devour and probably still have some weight to put on before it gets physically impossible to tell whether I'm a human or a boobah [cbbc channel...like rounder and slightly more delusional teletubbies]... And you's are all probably wanting to get back to your lives and outta mine ;) But much love to all of you, and keep reading, maybe if you're lucky something interesting might happen ;)
Muchos hugs y kisses!!  Befuddled and bloated Baldy <3 xoxoxoxox

P.S- Totally psyched for Daddy coming home on Wednesday for Christmas and New Year!! Love you, Dad!! <3 xoxoxox






1 comment:

  1. Hi darling, have just finished reading your blog & I love it! You have a great writing style & you're also very witty. I especially like the bit 'How about living with cancer Bella?' :-) I also like your mantra. You definitely are AWESOME!!! I love you so much it hurts, but in a good way :-) Really miss you :-( Am going to look up flights & try & get time off work so that I can come back as soon as possible. Love you to infinity, Muirne xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete