Monday 13 May 2013

Sprummer time, and the living is uneasy...

Well hallo everyone! Is everyone having a nice Sprummer? Thats a mash up between spring and summer... Although actually it seems way more like winter at the moment, to be honest. The weather is awful.
So, what's been happening, you ask? Well. On Monday night I was admitted into hospital for, yes- you guessed it- coldsores. It's like Revenge of the red hot poker nose... So anyway, I had a small army of coldsores on my nose (which is horribly painful and slightly embarrassing) and had to be put on IV acyclovir as I was already on a prophylactic dose of it and that obviously wasn't working. It really didn't help that I was neutrapenic, so I felt grotty and ugh and just hid under my blanket in hospital like "UGH GO AWAY WORLD ASDFGHJK"... But then I got better on Wednesday and managed to play wii tennis with Lucy in the social area of the TCT ward, before going home on Thursday! Then on Friday, Mum went to Ireland, so it was just Lucy and Dad and I, and we kind of just watched TV and hung out...
Saturday. Well, that was an interesting day. We went downtown (which probably wasn't a good idea anyway because of the whole neutrapenia situation) but then when we were in a clothes store I sat down for a couple minutes because I was tired, and Lucy and Dad couldn't find me. They decided to leave the store to  look for me, and I stood up after a while and after not being able to find them, went into full panic mode (hyperventilating and everything) and ran up the high street looking for my family. Let me tell you, no matter how old I get- being lost in town without family and my phone is the most terrifying thing ever. I think I was more scared then than I have been when having massive needles and tubes stuck in my arm. I was a couple minutes off running back home with my arms flailing! Anyway, I ended up running into my Dad, who was looking for me too. And then Lucy hugged me and told me off for wandering off and worrying her. Which was adorable and totally put me in my place.
I'm going slightly crazy from not doing much, but I'm too tired to really do much. Also the neutrapenic issue. Everyone else has GCSE's at the moment (GOOD LUCK Y'ALL) which I'm actually strangely devastated that I'm not doing. And I'm slowly getting over the crippling fear of the high dose treatment that's looming over me. Although sometimes I have moments where I think about it and just think "OH DEAR NO WHERE SHOULD I RUN" but then that's silly so I just calm down and go on tumblr or something equally entertaining and uplifting. Sprummer time has really been the most uneasy time for me.
So it's been a very up and down week... Although now I'm just going to try and focus on having fun and being well-ish and generally try and get out of the house before a month long stint in hospital! Hopefully that includes an awesome birthday on the 28th and a great day out at the zoo on the 29th!
That was a much less uplifting blog post than I had anticipated. Oh well!
I hope you are all well, and that the awful weather isn't deterring you from eating lots of 99 ice creams, or wearing gorgeous sunnies with giant hats that look like they could hold the worlds oceans in their brim!
Much Love,
Befuddled, and very much in denial about what the future holds for her, Baldy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment