Sunday 2 March 2014

Famous, getting Fat and (In)Fertile

Hello, stragglers who are still reading this ridiculously sporadic blog.
I'm sorry- I really am. I'm about as good at updating this blog as I am at keeping a diary- and that's not very good. Like, at all.
(Also I apologise for the awful alliteration in the title- but at least I tried to be clever).

So- hello! Ok, an update on what I've been doing. Well, I was on ITV Anglia News recently- as I was at the second birthday party of the Teenage Cancer Trusts ward at Addenbrookes. I even went to the before thank-you party in another part of the hospital for people who give regularly and gave a little speech. It was wonderful and so nice to give back to something that means so much to me- though actually I fear I may have gotten more out of it than I gave. Hmmm- I shall just have to do more fundraising, then.
I was also in the Cambridge Evening News for the same event, which was also pretty cool. I'm also still helping the fabulous boys who are cycling one hundred miles for the Teenage Cancer Trust (if you want to help me out and donate: http://www.justgiving.com/Matthew-Hunter3 ), and meeting up with friends and whatnot. I started this whole recovery thing trying to eat healthily but that has gone rapidly downhill and I'm now not even bothering with pretending that I eat healthily (always a bad sign)- so I must get back to that or people will mistake me for being back on steroidal treatment.

A thing I probably haven't mentioned on here, actually- is that in November time last year I actually got my fertility sorted out. By that I mean that I found out what was going on down there and got the right medication to try and get things back on track. So. Unfortunately I did get told that I cannot have babies of my own, and that I'm in premature ovarian failure. That's basically like the menopause, except for younger people. It was awful at first, I felt sad and then angry that I'd lost yet another thing to cancer- wondered how many more sacrifices I would have to make. But I'm actually alright with it now- I mean, I'm never going to be happy about the fact that I can't reproduce naturally but who would be? I'm young and I've not even sorted my future out yet so worrying about whether I can or can't have kids right now would be pointless and would only cause me more grief at a time that I really should just be spending trying to get my life back together. Oh, and also apparently I have a small uterus- measuring at 4.5cm, according to the letter I got in the post. Maybe that's too much information, though.

Apart from that- not much is happening in my world. I'm booked up almost every single day, but it seems like I never seem to do much. I think I'm probably just bored of the daily grind- but this week is filled with shopping with old friends and going to the theatre and seeing my boyfriend and probably baking and fairies and the like. I'm joking, but in all honesty- this week should be good. I'm excited, as I'm still tired- but getting little bits of energy back each day and feeling more and more like my creative self. Hopefully it's the start of something brilliant and promising- I just have to keep well enough to see it through!

OH! And I almost forgot- I got brilliant news! I'm being moved from the post transplant clinic to the normal ol' lymphoma clinic! This is brilliant as it means not as many hospital visits and more of a life and looking at late effects and no more scans and ugh-ness. I'm finally moving on and up! And I'm eight months out now- almost time for more jabs (uggggghhh) but also nearly at the end of my recovery period although I fear I may have pushed it back a little by exhausting myself at school only a couple months after getting out of hospital. OOOOOPS, oh well- we won't mention that, shall we?

Well, to you all: goodnight and farewell and I hope your lives are going as smoothly as nutella left out in the sun.

Until next time (sorry for being so lax)

B. x


No comments:

Post a Comment