Monday 10 March 2014

The Boredom Bug and its Baking Habits

Hallo, all. 

Well, I actually have nothing better to do so I am indeed writing a blog again. YAY! Well, I hope it's a yay... A few of you probably groaned- if you did, boo you. 
I've got the Boredom Bug. It's what I call it when you get that 'I'm-so-bored-of-life-can-we-skip-to-the-good-bit' feeling. It's the kind of boredom where you lie awake at night too BORED to go to sleep, and lay in bed in the mornings too BORED to get up and face the very BORING day you are most likely going to have. It makes you cranky, miserable, restless and at the moment its causing my insomnia to creep back. 
I always wake up with the intention of doing something proactive- but seeing as my day isn't filled and I don't HAVE to be anywhere or do anything, the proactive thing slips and I slowly just make my way from lying in my bed to lying several other places around the house. At least I move around the house, I guess.
Today, though, I couldn't take it anymore. So I forced my mother to bake with me, though by the end she wasn't really interested in baking the endless biscuits or cooking my vegetarian meal (that's right, I'm a vegetarian now). She at least baked the shortbread with me, though, and it was delicious and definitely worth the ridiculous amount of effort I put into squeezing it into a pan to cook. Then I baked apricot and dark chocolate chip cookies, which turned out fabulously as well. Finally, I cooked a 'three bean, four veg' chilli that I completely made up but which actually tasted pretty nice in the end. Spicy, but nice. 
See? Boring. In fact, reading this probably bored all of you- it bored me writing it, and I'm actually stimulating my brain to do so. 
I don't really know what to do about it anymore, I think I have to just wait until it passes and fatten myself and my family up with baked goods until it does. 
I've started a '101 things to do when you survive' list, and I plan to start that now (with the easiest to complete first). I'll post the first few on soon, if I haven't already. Goodness, I'm boring. 
Well, anyway. I should return to staring at my laptop screen in a very bored manner while stuffing my face with delicious apricot biscuits and shortbread.

Night, all, and hope you're all doing fabulously.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment