Saturday 25 August 2012

"Am I strong too? Maybe, but not always."

I always find it funny how people can say how amazing a person is- but never truly know why. Or say 'poor you' and not know why or how that person deserves their pity. And not WANT to know, at that.
I was reading a piece on Sonia Rykiel, a French designer who has Parkinson's and a very inspiring woman- and there was a small paragraph which I found the most inspiring and one I could strangely relate to. Hodgkins is nothing like Parkinson's- it's a longer disease and harder one and I am in awe of the brave people that go through it with hope and optimism... and of course I am inspired by her determination and hope and ability to be so normal in a situation that isn't normal!

Anyway, this is what she said;
"What I don't like is when they say: "Oh, isn't she fantastically brave?" I'm not brave, I'm not fantastic. I'm like any other woman. I'm unhappy. I'm difficult. I'm sad. Am I strong, too? Maybe, but not always. There are days when I don't want to see anyone. The most important thing you learn? You can live with it."

And she said later on in the article as well-
"My ambition? For everything to go on like it is right now. I have no regrets in life, and you know what? If I could, I'd go back and do it all again."

And in a funny way- I think I would too... I mean- I know it was a horrible, horrific, scary, painful, scarring experience but it left me with such a different outlook! I look at everything totally differently now! I don't stare in curiosity and surprise at people who are disabled or different looking because I know what it's like to be stared at like that...And I say what I think is wrong because if I don't I'll regret it and Life is for living, not shying away and conforming to the crowd.

'Life is too short.' I'm not too sure about that phrase...I don't know exactly whether Life is too SHORT or too LONG yet...I guess its different for all different people...

I start school again full time in September...I'm as nervous as if I was starting an entirely new school...I mean, I have to fit in two years of GCSE's in one and I somehow have to manage to get into school EVERY SINGLE DAY without collapsing in utter exhaustion... I am scared, and nervous...but its not whether I CAN do it anymore...it's how much will it hurt me to do it.
And well, I don't know the answer...so I guess we'll just have to see won't we!

Much Love, [and hope you are all well],
Befuddled and entirely obsessed with Batman and has actually ordered the comics and has the box set, not so bald and red haired Baldy <3 xoxo

P.S- Thank you to Phoebe, Matt, Becky and Laura for being there for me at my MRI, you are THE best friends and I will love you all until the end of time <3

P.P.S- Oh, and by the way- I've been given the all clear. I'M BETTER. :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment